Having a car is great. In Southern CA it can be hard to imagine life without one. That is why it can be specially troubling if it breaks down and you don’t have any idea how to repair it. So let’s talk about the basics of simple auto-maintenance. This will keep your car running longer and with less problems.
Plus I will give you some tips that can help you if there is an emergency. That way you can be prepared just in case you ever breakdown on the road.
- Bring a good battery charger with you wherever you drive so when your battery shut down, you can simply charge it.
- When you take your car to a shop ask as many questions as you can so you will know what caused your problem and what will help you avoid the same issue again in the future.
- The life of your engine is in the oil, so make sure you change the oil regularly according to your manufacturers instructions.
- Check your ties and rotate then so that they wear evenly. This will help them last longer and keep you from getting a flat.
- Keep a record of all your previous repairs. It will help your mechanic to easily determine what might have caused any problems. Plus it helps keep your resale value higher.
Check out the full information and tips here